Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Seeing your work in print

"Next to sex," said an old man in one of my writing classes years ago, "there is no thrill like seeing your work in print."

Last week I received a copy of Paragon (V, 2012) a literary magazine from Newfoundland, and was thrilled to see my name in the authors' list on the back cover, and my short story (fiction) "Like a Thief in the Night" on Page 37. 

I always knew the story had merit, in spite of it not winning several writing contests. This is my second publication in Paragon. Last year,  my short story, "Most of All"  appeared in Paragon IV.

Some time down the road I will include "Like a Thief in the Night" in a collection of my short stories. "Most of All" is a chapter in a novel with the same title, which I hope to publish sometime, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment